Our Football League is a new EFL related quarterly magazine. The magazine will cover the past, present and future of the three current leagues (Championship, League One + League Two) and the old First Division up until 1992.
If you would like to contribute to a future issue please contact us on social media or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are now inviting pitches for our third issue that will be released in September. When pitching your idea please take into account that the magazine is published quarterly, so I would advise to be careful with ideas that may be out of date by that time. We all know how quickly things can change in football.We are currently looking for articles with a non-current theme - for example a piece on a historical topic, a club legend, a interesting past season/era etc. Examples from our first issue include:
- How Brexit will impact English football - Danny Hughes explains the impact of new Brexit regulations
- Millmoor Memories - Ian Bradley reminisces about what made Millmoor, the former home of Rotherham United, so special
- Alan Browne - Captain, Leader, Legend? - Josh Knowles explains how Preston North End captain Alan Browne has the makings of a Deepdale legend
- The top 10 Football League shirts of all time
- Coventry City, Bury and a scandal for the ages - The 1920s saw one of the great match fixing scandals in our game's history
- The Essence of Groundhopping - Joe Rochester looks at what makes groundhopping so special
- Beech Ball - How the unknown entity of Chris Beech has changed the fortunes of Carlisle United
- What happened to Chesterfield FC - Chesterfield FC were three games away from the Championship in 2015, how have they fallen so far
- The Legacy of Mel Morris at Derby County - Kieran Clarke reviews the ownership of Mel Morris at Derby County
- Gino Pozzo: An Italian Elton John - Jonny Brick looks at Gino Pozzo's wacky ownership of Watford FC
We will invite article pitches relating to current EFL events in August.
We offer £5 for any submissions that we decide to include in the magazine. While we appreciate this isn't the most substantial amount, the first few issues will be paid for before knowing what the long term interest level is in the publication. We are hoping to be able to offer more to contributors for future issues.